Reset the device to factory settings.
Most Wi-Fi devices have a small reset button near the power button. This reset button is securely designed to prevent accidental reset of the unit. Resetting clears all the settings on the device and you can also loose the internet connectivity.
Steps to reset,
- Locate the Reset button on the Wi-Fi device.
- Unfold a paper clip and use it to push the Reset button.
- Press and hold for 10-15 seconds or until all the lights on the device go off and power light becomes amber (Increase the hold to 20-25 seconds if you don’t see any difference on the lights). Then release the reset button and wait for the device to boot.
- The device should now be reset and restored to factory settings.
- You can now reconfigure the device and enable the required security (Device access & Wi-Fi security) to prevent un-authorized access.