Project Fi is a mobile phone service from Google which provides unlimited domestic talk and text, unlimited international texts, Wi-Fi tethering to use your phone as a hotspot, and access cellular coverage in 135+ countries and destinations.
It comes with the following features,
- Project Fi puts you on the best available network between Wi-Fi and three (US Carriers)4G LTE networks. This means you get access to more cell towers and 4G LTE in more places.
- Free calls and text in US, charges applicable for international cellular calls at $0.20 per minute, and texts at no additional cost.You can also make calls over Wi-Fi. The rates for calling over Wi-Fi depend on the country you’re calling and can be more or less than $0.20 per minute.
- One simple plan starts with the Fi Basics for $20/month for calls and text and additional 10$ (Fixed rate applicable in 135+ countries)per GB of data.
- No annual service contract required when you sign up.
- Supports all standard messaging types, including SMS, MMS, shortcodes, and group texting.
- Once registered calls can be made from the android or ios apps/widgets from phone, PC or tablet.
- Includes visual voicemail. You can see your voicemails in the call history on your phone.
- Automatically connects you to an open Wi-Fi network and protect your data by sending it through a secure connection, known as a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
- Project Fi seamlessly transitions your call between Wi-Fi and cellular network (if one is available) based of the best signal strength so you can keep talking.
- You can even transfer your current personal number over to Project Fi when you sign up.